RALLY-BY-RALLY ACCREDITATION PROCEDURE
For rally-by-rally passes, the FIA will only accredit press from outside the country in which the event is held. National publications must apply via the event's national press office. National publications which are accredited on a permanent basis and wish to apply for additional or substitute passes must apply directly to the FIA.
Applicants must submit sample proofs of coverage to the FIA Communications Department at the latest three weeks prior to the first day of the event (17th March for the national, 24th March for the international media). Late requests may not be examined.
Publications or agencies applying for a rally-by-rally photographer accreditation must supply evidence of independent coverage of a minimum of 15 pictures per pass issued at each event they have been accredited for in the previous year's Championship. The number of international press photographer passes will usually not exceed 30 at each event.
The number of national "press photographer" passes will not exceed 12 at each event.
Promotional photographers for teams, sponsors, etc. who do not comply with the above criteria may apply for accreditation to North One Sport (address below).
Accreditation decisions are made by the FIA WRC Media Delegate and Photographers'
Delegate according to the following procedures:
1. Applications must be received at least three weeks prior to the first day of the relevant event and should be sent by registered post to the following address:
FIA Communications Department
Accreditation Unit (WRC)
8, Place de la Concorde
2. Applications which are late, incomplete, or sent by fax may not be considered.
3. Requests must be sent with the accreditation form and a formal application letter written on the publication's letterhead. This letter must be signed by the editor or a senior member of the editorial staff. Requests signed by clerical staff will not be accepted.
This letter must include:
a) the name(s) of the representative(s) who will be covering the event(s);
b) the photocopy of the official national press card(s) (where applicable) of the representative(s) who will be covering the event(s);
c) the job title(s) of the representative(s) (journalist(s) and/or photographer(s);
d) information on the publication (such as circulation, readership, frequency, etc);
e) an original copy of the publication;
f) photocopies or originals of material published following previous FIA World Rally Championship events;
g) a contact fax number;
h) a formal undertaking from the editor to publish a report related to the event concerned and an indication as to when this report will be published;
Note: 'd', 'e' and 'h' do not apply to the major international press agencies.
4. The FIA will fax or email the result of the application to the publication. If successful, an agreement will be included for signature by the editor of the publication.
If the representative(s) is (are) unable to attend the event, the FIA Communications Department must be notified as early as possible before the opening of the accreditation centre.
If a change of representative(s) is to be made, please notify the FIA Communications Department as early as possible.
5. The representative(s) must produce the signed agreement which is sent with the confirmation when collecting the credential at the event. NO ACCREDITATION CAN BE COLLECTED WITHOUT THIS DOCUMENT.
6. The application for a press pass must include written confirmation that the publication/agency or the journalist/photographer to whom the credential has been allocated has not applied or will not apply for additional FIA passes for any other purposes, including journalism for Television and Radio networks.
ELECTRONIC MEDIA AND WEBSITES
All applications from websites and other electronic media should be directed to North One Sport, as with television, radio and promotional photographer applications.
North One Sport Accreditation Service
46-52 Pentonville Road
London N1 9HF, Great Britain
Tel (44) 020 7584 7584 / Fax (44) 20 7502 5621